Earlier this week, local innovation leaders came together to launch the third annual INDX Summit, a gathering of the nation’s FinTech industry leaders, set to take place next week, August 7 to 8, at Shangri-La The Fort, Taguig City.
Themed “Creating What’s Next in Digital: Dare-Drive-Defy,” this year’s summit brings together leaders, practitioners, regulators, and policymakers to speak on the current and future FinTech landscape, while offering professionals and stakeholders a platform for charting out sustainable digital transformation.
The event is led by FinTech Alliance.PH, the Philippines’largest digital FinTech association. Composed of digital finance players and startups, their goal is to reshape the digital economy by constructing a sustainable digital financial ecosystem that benefits every Filipino, particularly those from marginalized sectors.
Apart from exploring cutting-edge trends and technology, this year’s INDX Summit will align itself with the government’s vision for socio-economic development, exploring issues around the administration’s 8-Point Socio-Economic Agenda and Medium-Term Fiscal Framework, with specific focus on education, health, energy, transportation, and the overall economy.
Another notable highlight of this year’s summit is the collaboration with GorricetaLaw’s annual Law x Tech Summit, recognized as the premier Law and Tech event in the Philippines. Together with the FinTech Alliance, this partnership aims to shed light on the rapidly shifting legal and regulatory landscape driven by technological innovation.
In a recent report by the Philippine Star, data security experts found that poor security practices and antiquated systems among PSE-listed firms could result in up to Php 6.15 million a day, should they be attacked by bad actors. This breaks down to Php 2.81 billion in energy, Php 1.49 billion in banking, Php 1.06 billion in telecommunications, Php 631 million in transport, Php 115 million in water, and Php 40 million in healthcare. According to the study by Secure Connections, these figures do not yet cover the additional indirect costs that come with potential cyber attacks, further highlighting the pressing need for digital transformation across sectors.
Addressing these pressing concerns is paramount for safeguarding the nation’s digital future. As such, the Law x Tech Summit will engage in in-depth discussions covering critical topics, including privacy, data security, consent, financial consumer protection, taxation in the digital economy, modern banking, and AI.
Moreover, the roster of speakers for this highly-anticipated event includes distinguished individuals holding influential roles in the Philippine government, financial institutions, and the FinTech community. Joining the roster of speakers for next week’s summit are:
- Lucas Bersamin, Executive Secretary Office of the President;
- Benjamin Diokno, Secretary of the Department of Finance;
- Eli Remolona, Governor of the BSP;
- David Almirol, Undersecretary for e-Government at the Department Of Information And Communications Technology;
- Ellen Joyce Suficiencia, Financial Inclusion Office Director at BSP;
- Monchito Ibrahim, Executive Member of the National Innovation Council;
- Donald Lim, Founding President of the Blockchain Council of the Philippines;
- Mamerto Tangonan, Deputy Governor and Head of the Payments and Currency Management Sector of the BSP;
- Chuchi Fonacier, Deputy Governor of the Financial Supervision Sector at BSP;
- Lito Villanueva, Founding Chairman of FinTech Alliance Philippines;
- Jean-Marc Arbogast, Country Manager of IFC;
- Reuben Lim, Chief Operating Officer of Singapore FinTech Association;
- King Leung, Head of Financial Services and FinTech at InvestHK;
- Christopher Monterola, Head of Aboitiz School of Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship;
- Dongpyo Hong, Vice Chairman of Korea FinTech Industry Association;
- and Mary Grace Mirandilla-Santos, Lead Advocate of Better Internet PH.
The INDX Summit will take place in Shangri-La The Fort, Taguig City on August 7 to 8, 2023. For those interested, secure your spot by visiting: https://tinyurl.com/y5f49ysh.