In this episode of Multiverse Dispatch, host Santiago Arnaiz sits down with Kate Hancock, an entrepreneur and strategist who has impacted over eight million entrepreneurs through her community-building efforts. Known as “The Pivot Queen,” Kate is now at the helm of Metaverse XYZ, a venture focused on fostering collaboration in the Web 3.0 and Metaverse spaces through immersive event experiences.
- We kick off the conversation by revisiting Kate’s presentation at last year’s Philippine Blockchain Week, where she drew parallels between the current state of the metaverse and the internet of the ’90s. Kate shares her insights on how Bill Gates nearly missed a trillion-dollar opportunity by insisting Microsoft wasn’t interested in the internet.
- With a background in scaling an e-commerce beauty business to a million dollars in revenue within a year, Kate discusses the tools and strategies available today for building communities at scale. We ask how she would approach launching a similar business in today’s metaverse.
- And as the founder of Metaverse XYZ, Kate has a unique perspective on what it takes to create immersive event experiences in the Web 3.0 space. What sets a Web3 community event apart from a traditional one?
- Finally, as the head of this year’s Philippine Block Awards, Kate gives us a sneak peek into what the awards are all about and their significance in recognizing individuals in the blockchain space.
- We wrap with a discussion on the Philippines’ potential to become a global leader in the blockchain arena, rooted in its robust grassroots Web3 communities. Is the country well-positioned for this role? Kate shares her perspective.